Raga Charukeshi is a very melodious raga. This raga is relatively new as it is adopted from Carnatic Music into Hindustani style of singing.
Charukesi is a raga in Carnatic music (musical scale of South Indian classical music). It is the 26th Melakarta ragam in the 72 melakarta ragam system of Carnatic music. It is called Tarangini in Muthuswami Dikshitar school of Carnatic music.
Charukesi is known to incite feelings of pathos and devotion in the listener.
This raga can be rendered without any restrictions in all the three octaves. Pancham is skipped occasionally in Aaroh as well as Avroh like G m d P or P d n d m G R. One can find shades of many ragas in Charukeshi like: S R G m shows Nut Ang, G m d P shows Bhairav Ang, n S' R' S' d ; d n R' S' shows Darbari shade, R G m R S shows Nut-Bhairav Ang, which combined together gives this raga a unique and independent character.
It is the 2nd ragam in the 5th chakra Bana. The mnemonic name is Bana-Sri.
Songs in Raga Charukeshi
1) Akele Hain Chale Ao - Film - Raaz
2) Bainya Na Dharo - Film - Dastak (Old)
3) Bedardi Balama - Film - Arzoo
4) Bekhudi Mein Sanam - Film - Haseena Maan Jayegi
5) Chalo Sajna Jahaan Tak - Film - Mere Humdam Mere Dost
6) Chhod De Saari Duniya Kisi Ke Liye - Film - Saraswati Chandra
7) Jaan-E-Jaana Jab Jab Teri Surat Dekhun - Film - Jaan Baaz
8) Kisi Raha Men Kisi Mod Par (a.k.a Mere Hamsafar) - Film - Mere Hamsafar
9) Koi Jab Tumhara Hriday Tood De - Film - Purab Aur Paschim
10) Megha Re Megha Re - Film - Pyaasa Saawan
11) Mohabbat Ke Suhane Din, Javani Ki Hansi Raaten - Film - Maryada
12) Shyam Teri Bansi Pukare Radha Naam - Film - Geet Gata Chal
13) Teri Ummid Tera Intzaar Karte Hai - Film - Diwanaa
14) Ek Tu Jo Mila - Film - Himalay Ki God Mein
15) Aisa Lagta Hai Zindagi Tum Ho - Non-film song
For more details please click on link below -
YouTube link -